LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading provider of content and technology solutions, today introduced LexisNexis ® MedMal Navigator SM, a new interactive, all-in-one medical malpractice dashboard tool designed to help medical malpractice attorneys formulate the appropriate on-point strategy for their case more efficiently and cost-effectively. The MedMal Navigator tool on Lexis Advance ® combines medical and legal research content with a user’s case facts, so that attorneys can quickly assess the value of a case, understand the medical issues and standard of care, identify potential expert witnesses and access relevant medical and legal content – all in one place.
“The nature of medical malpractice litigation requires attorneys to carefully comb through volumes of complex legal and medical research, as well as outside data sources to formulate and develop their case strategies,” said Aileen Stirling, Vice President, Federal & State Litigation Portfolio at LexisNexis. “This can be arduous and time consuming. MedMal Navigator is designed to save attorneys time, money and resources by simplifying this process through a single online dashboard that uses interactive Q&A technology. It puts all of the relevant data right at the attorney’s fingertips.”
The MedMal Navigator dashboard fills a critical gap for medical malpractice attorneys by addressing and relieving many of the pain points they commonly face, including:
- Accessing Medical Research and Understanding the Medical Issues - MedMal Navigator gives medical malpractice attorneys access to premier medical information, as used by doctors and hospitals, including the expansive collection of health information from Elsevier ®, the world's leading provider of science and health information. It also enables them to search thousands of medical definitions, guides, journals, abstracts and medical images through one single source, enabling them to understand the medicine and quickly determine if and where a deviation in the standard of care may have occurred.
- Comparing Similar Verdicts & Settlements and Finding the Right Expert - MedMal Navigator allows attorneys to compare verdicts and settlements from prior similar cases to efficiently assess the merits of a case, as well as find and research experts’ profiles by disease, condition and jurisdiction. This ensures that attorneys are armed with the critical insight they need to determine the best course of action for their case and formulate appropriate case strategies.
“For the first time, I can access medical research materials in one place, even those hard-to-find materials,” said Darren W. Dummit, Associate and Manager of the Employment Law Division at Dummit, Buchholz & Trapp. “I can also quickly compare similar verdicts and settlements and spot any issues or deviations from the standard of care, allowing me to determine in 20 minutes versus 20 days if a case is worth taking on. This tool is a powerful, one-stop solution for malpractice attorneys.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts