Walgreens (NYSE: WAG) (Nasdaq: WAG) subsidiary Take Care Health Systems and Indianapolis-based Community Health Network today announced a clinical collaboration that will facilitate more coordinated health care services, and improve patient access to high-quality, convenient and affordable care throughout Central Indiana. Components of the agreement will include:
- Greater access to care with Take Care Clinics offering evening and weekend hours, convenient locations and online appointment scheduling
- Coordination of care for Community Health Network patients with Take Care Clinic providers for acute, chronic and diagnostic services
- Direct communication between Community Health Network physicians and Take Care Clinic nurse practitioners to facilitate care coordination and sharing of patient information
- Sharing of information regarding Community Health Network services with Take Care Clinic patients; and informing Community patients about Take Care Clinic services, including routine screening, monitoring, immunizations, and clinic locations and hours
“With its ambulatory footprint and position as one of the most highly integrated health care providers in Central Indiana, Community Health Network shares our objectives to improve access and overall health, while also reducing costs for patients, payers and providers,” said Jeffrey Kang, M.D., M.P.H., Walgreens senior vice president of health and wellness services and solutions. “By developing new and innovative coordinated care programs, Walgreens and Take Care Clinics are helping to bridge critical gaps in care by working closely with others in the medical community, and furthering our mission to help patients get, stay and live well.”
Community Health Network has more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana, including eight hospitals and network of over 2,000 credentialed physicians. There are 14 Take Care Clinics in Central Indiana.
Under the agreement, Walgreens and Community Health Network are also exploring opportunities to share electronic medical records, with the goal of eventually having shared patients’ records fully integrated with Community CareConnect, the patient-centric, electronic medical records technology platform owned by Community Health Network. This level of coordination could also include patients being able to schedule appointments online at Community Health Network physician offices, Take Care Clinics, MedCheck locations and imaging sites.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts