Drina Yue, Managing Director And SVP, Western Union Asia-Pacific, Hands-over Giant Sized Book To Mr. Chunlei Yang, Deputy Secretary General Of The China Youth Development Foundation, At Western Union's 31,000 Book Drive For China's Provinces. (Photo: Business Wire)
The Western Union Company (NYSE: WU), a leader in global payment services, today invited the global Chinese community to join a Chinese New Year drive. The goal is to gift the China Youth Development Foundation 31 libraries of 1,000 books, enough for each of mainland China's 31 provinces.
Upholding the Chinese tradition of red envelope, "红包," gifting of cash during Chinese New Year, Western Union will make a gift to the China Youth Development Foundation for every transaction sent from one of 21 countries to China during the promotional period.
The company will also donate for every “like” of its post about the campaign on Facebook, and for every “re-Tweet” of its program announcement on Twitter. The program enables consumers to promote education for children in need, just by using or “liking” Western Union.
The 21 participating countries are the United States and Canada in North America; the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Belgium, the Netherlands, Italy and Russia in Europe and Central Asia; the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates in the Middle East; Angola in Africa; Australia, Japan, Singapore and Malaysia in Asia Pacific; and Brazil, Peru, Panama, Paraguay and Uruguay in Latin America.“Western Union's analysis shows more gifts are given at Chinese New Year than during any festive or seasonal holiday around the world. Billions of gifts of cash are exchanged, traditionally crisp new banknotes wrapped in red envelopes, and increasingly through remittances, with over 40 million Chinese living and working overseas," said Drina Yue, managing director and senior vice president, Western Union Asia-Pacific.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV