Toyota said some airbags in its Corolla vehicles could deploy accidentally without warning, while the windshield wipers on some Lexus vehicles may not operate under a buildup of snow.
The recall for vehicles affected by the faulty airbag issue pertains to 752,000 Corolla and Corolla Matrix cars sold in 2003 and 2004. The windshield wiper issue pertains to about 270,000 Lexus IS models from the years 2006 to early 2012.
Toyota said there have been no reports of accidents or injuries due to the defects.It is the third Toyota recall since October to involve more than 1 million vehicles.
YouTube is trending as the online video site is reportedly considering launching paid subscriptions. According to a report by AdAge, which cites multiple people familiar with the plans, YouTube has already reached out a group of channels asking them to be among the first paid channels on the site. The subscriptions could start at $1 to $5 per month. Including advertisements could also be an option, meaning YouTube would stand to bring in more money not just from subscriptions but from ad revenue. The venture would likely put YouTube, which is owned by Google (GOOG), in competition with subscription services like Hulu and Netflix (NFLX).
Boston Scientific (BSX) is another popular search. The medical device maker announced plans to cut up to another 1,000 jobs around the world. The company has already cut more than 1,000 jobs over the past three years. In July 2011, the company announced plans to cut 1,200 to 1,300 jobs over two and a half years. Prior to that, in February 2010, Boston Scientific said it would eliminate 1,300 jobs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV