ShopSmart Names The Best Chocolates
YONKERS, N.Y., Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- When it comes to chocolate, the good stuff doesn't come cheap. To find the ultimate chocolate experience – in time for Valentine's Day – ShopSmart's taste testers nibbled on thousands of boxed bonbons, ranging in price from $10 to $90. The March 2013 issue of ShopSmart magazine, from Consumer Reports, spotlights the top chocolates from these tests.
Here are six sweet selections to consider for loved ones this Valentine's Day (prices do not include shipping):
- Woodhouse Chocolate Assortment (16 ounces, 48 pieces), $90. Deemed the yummiest in ShopSmart's taste tests, these chocolates were bursting with flavors like cinnamon toast, pecan pie, and mint, and real whipped cream fillings. www.woodhousechocolate.com.
- Candinas (16 ounces, 36 pieces), $49. A mix of dark and milk chocolates that are ultra-smooth, with yummy hazelnut, caramel, and liqueur-flavored centers that hint of fresh cream and butter. www.candinas.com.
- L.A. Burdick Large Wood Box Assortment (16 ounces, 64 pieces), $65. ShopSmart's tasters made note of these bonbons' intense chocolate flavor with subtle-flavor fillings such as cherry liquor and hazelnut. www.burdickchocolate.com.
- Fran's Assorted Truffles Collection (12 ounces, 36 pieces), $50. These milk- and dark-chocolate truffles have delicious chocolate-based fillings of hazelnut, coffee, and caramel flavors. www.franschocolates.com.
- Vosges Exotic Truffle Collection (6.4 ounces, 16 pieces), $40. This delicious mix of traditional and unusual flavors (curry, paprika, and wasabi) is well worth the taste-bud shock, say ShopSmart's tasters. www.vosgeschocolate.com.
- Theo Chocolate Confection Collection (4.5 ounces, 12 pieces), $26. Flavorful, dark chocolate encases outstanding fillings of lemon ganache, fig, mint, and more. www.theochocolate.com.
For more information, including additional picks from our taste tests, ways to save and tips for cooking with chocolate, check out the March 2013 issue of ShopSmart magazine, on newsstands now or visit www.ShopSmartmag.org.
About Consumer Reports:Consumer Reports is the world's largest independent product-testing organization. Using its more than 50 labs, auto test center, and survey research center, the nonprofit rates thousands of products and services annually. Founded in 1936, Consumer Reports has over 8 million subscribers to its magazine, website, and other publications. Its advocacy division, Consumers Union, works for health reform, food and product safety, financial reform, and other consumer issues in Washington, D.C., the states, and in the marketplace.About ShopSmart magazine:Launched in Fall 2006 by Consumer Reports, ShopSmart draws upon the publication's celebrated tradition of accepting no advertisements and providing unbiased product reviews. ShopSmart features product reviews, shopping tips on how to get the most out of products and "best of the best" lists. It's ideal for busy shoppers who place a premium on time. ShopSmart has a newsstand price of $4.99 and is available nationwide at major retailers including Barnes & Noble, Wal-Mart, Borders, Kroger, Safeway and Publix. ShopSmart is available by subscription at www.ShopSmartmag.org. ShopSmart is available 10 times a year. Subscribe at www.ShopSmartmag.org. SOURCE ShopSmart
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV