ATLANTA, Jan. 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- State Bank Financial Corporation (Nasdaq:STBZ) today announced unaudited financial results for the quarter and full year ended December 31, 2012. Net income for the fourth quarter was $9.3 million, compared to $3.4 million for the third quarter of 2012 and $9.1 million for the fourth quarter of 2011. Full year net income was $28.9 million compared to full year net income of $43.0 million in 2011. Fully diluted earnings per share was $.28 for the fourth quarter compared to $.10 in the third quarter of 2012 and $.28 in the fourth quarter of 2011. Year-to-date fully diluted earnings per share was $.88 compared to $1.32 in 2011.
Commenting on these results, Joe Evans, Chairman and CEO, said, "I remain very pleased with how the State Bank team is executing in our two primary businesses: managing our acquired covered assets with the expiration of loss share firmly in mind while concurrently building a dynamic banking franchise that will carry us into the future. Highlights for the quarter include successfully closing the Altera Payroll acquisition and continued solid growth in organic loans and transaction accounts. We significantly improved the quality of our client experience in 2012 and I am excited by the momentum we take into 2013."
Balance SheetTotal assets at quarter-end were $2.68 billion, up from $2.64 billion at the end of the third quarter and down from $2.78 billion at the end of 2011. Loans not covered by loss share agreements with the FDIC grew $48.2 million in the fourth quarter of 2012 to $985.5 million and have grown $284.5 million in 2012. Noncovered loans now comprise 67.5% of State Bank's total gross loans. Total net loans were $1.4 billion, down $39.5 million from the third quarter and $53.6 million from the end of 2011 as covered loans continue to be resolved.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV