Operating and financial highlights for the fourth quarter include the following:
- Originated $253.0 million of new loans for the quarter, 70.2% of which were commercial loans, demonstrating continued execution of the Company's organic growth and portfolio diversification strategies.
- Successfully integrated the Southern Community acquisition onto the Company's processing platform and permanently rebranded all 22 branches to the Capital Bank brand.
- Generated $136 million of organic growth in core deposits (total deposits minus time deposits). At year-end, core deposits represented 64.7% of total deposit funding, and total deposits represented 96.3% of total funding.
- Capital Bank Financial Corp. ended the fourth quarter with a tier 1 leverage ratio of 13% and held $125.4 million in cash and cash equivalents.
- Completed the fourth quarter with tangible book value per share of $17.74.
CFO Chris Marshall commented, "At quarter end, Capital Bank was strongly capitalized and had significant liquidity with which to fund growth. During 2013, we expect to improve our core return on assets by generating organic loan portfolio growth, implementing cost savings plans, reducing our funding costs, and benefitting from a gradual reduction in credit expenses."
The Company's banking operations began with the acquisitions of three banks from the FDIC on July 16, 2010 and subsequently included the acquisitions of TIB Financial Corp. on September 30, 2010, Capital Bank Corporation on January 28, 2011, Green Bankshares, Inc. on September 7, 2011 and Southern Community Financial Corporation on October 1, 2012. Accordingly, operating results for the three and twelve months ended December 31, 2012 and 2011 are not generally comparable.For the acquisition of Southern Community estimated fair values of assets acquired and liabilities assumed are based on the information that is available and the Company believes this information provides a reasonable basis for estimating these fair values. If additional information or evidence is obtained during the measurement period, this may result in changes to the estimated fair value amounts.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts