All other revenue decreased 6.4% to $24.0 million, compared to $25.7 million for 2011. The decrease was primarily due to lower technology license purchase and professional consulting revenues.
Total expenses for the year ended December 31, 2012 increased 8.9% to $111.5 million, compared to $102.4 million for 2011. The increase was primarily due to higher professional and consulting fees of $2.9 million, technology and communications expense of $1.9 million, and employee compensation and benefits expense of $1.6 million. Capital spending for the year ended December 31, 2012 was $10.4 million compared to $7.2 million in 2011.
The effective tax rate for 2012 was 30.7%, compared to 39.4% for 2011. Excluding the income tax adjustment, the effective tax rate for 2012 was 38.5%.
DividendThe Company’s board of directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.13 per share of common stock outstanding, to be paid on February 28, 2013 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on February 14, 2013. This represents an increase of $0.02 per share in the quarterly cash dividend. Share Repurchase Program Update In October 2011, the Company’s board of directors approved a $35 million share repurchase program. A total of 85,203 shares were repurchased in the fourth quarter of 2012 at a cost of $2.5 million. Balance Sheet Data As of December 31, 2012, total assets were $279.8 million and included $180.1 million in cash, cash equivalents and securities available-for-sale. Total stockholders’ equity as of December 31, 2012 was $242.7 million. Guidance for 2013 Excluding the impact of the pending acquisition of Xtrakter, the Company expects total expenses for 2013 to be in the range of $118.0 million to $123.0 million and its full year 2013 capital spending to be in the range of $10.0 million to $13.0 million. The Company also anticipates that the overall effective tax rate for 2013 will be between 38% and 40%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV