This Day On The Street
Continue to site
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

Range Increases Unproved Resource Potential To 48 – 68 Tcfe

RANGE RESOURCES CORPORATION (NYSE: RRC) announced today that its estimated unrisked unproved resource potential (“unproved resource potential”) as of December 31, 2012 increased to 48 – 68 Tcfe, up from 47 – 66 Tcfe at year-end 2011. The year-end 2012 unproved resource potential includes 35 – 46 Tcf of natural gas and 2.3 – 3.5 billion barrels of NGLs and crude oil. Of the total year-end 2012 unproved resource potential, 54% is attributable to the Marcellus Shale with the remaining 46% attributable to other formations in Appalachia, the Midcontinent and West Texas. Range previously announced that its year-end 2012 proved reserves were 6.5 Tcfe. Based on the mid-point of the unproved resource potential, Range has the opportunity to grow its proved reserves almost 9 times. As a result of its development activity, Range has moved 4.7 Tcfe of unproved resource potential to proved reserves over the last three years. No unproved resource potential estimates were assigned to the Company’s wet or dry Utica acreage. The estimated unproved resource potential assumes full ethane extraction.

Commenting, Jeff Ventura, Range's President and CEO, said, "The increase in our unproved resource potential is a reflection of our outstanding 2012 drilling results, the expansion of our drilling inventory and the technical progress made across many of our key projects. Of particular note, is the increase in the NGLs and crude oil portion of our unproved resource potential which is driven primarily by the progress made in the liquids-rich portion of the Marcellus Shale and in the horizontal Mississippian oil play. We have assembled an exceptional portfolio of high-return, low-cost projects. Importantly, we have also assembled a high-quality technical team that has a solid track record of converting our unproved resource potential into production and proved reserves at low cost. Over the past three years, Range has developed 4.7 Tcfe of proved reserves from our unproved resource potential. As a result over the past three years, our proved reserves have more than doubled at an average finding cost of $0.68 per mcfe. We believe this demonstrates our ability to accelerate the conversion of our unproved resource potential into proved reserves with one of the industry’s leading cost structures.”

1 of 3

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Real Money

More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.

Product Features:
  • Access to Jim Cramer's daily blog
  • Intraday commentary and news
  • Real-time trading forums
Only $49.95
14-Days Free
14-Days Free
AAPL $95.18 1.64%
FB $117.43 -0.96%
GOOG $692.36 -0.84%
TSLA $232.32 -3.92%
YHOO $36.01 -1.42%


Chart of I:DJI
DOW 17,750.91 -140.25 -0.78%
S&P 500 2,063.37 -18.06 -0.87%
NASDAQ 4,763.2240 -54.37 -1.13%

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs