Alan Mathewson, CEO Santander Cards, said: "Nearly two thirds of workers travel to and from their place of work in a car, but they often don't realise how many miles they clock up doing so and how much money they spend on fuel alone. Over the course of a year, car commuters could save a significant amount of money by making small changes to their routine. For example, they could consider car-pooling with colleagues or looking at products such as our 123 cashback credit card, which provides 3% cashback on money spent in petrol stations."
Santander's 123 World
The Santander 123 Cashback Credit Card and 123 Current Account are designed to reward customers and help them save money. The card pays up to 3% cashback on household spend and has paid over £19 million in cashback to customers since its launch in September 2011. In addition Santander's unique '123 Current Account' pays cashback on all utilities, council tax, Santander mortgage payments and communications direct debits set up on a customer's account, as well as paying in-credit interest on balances up to £20,000.
Product benefits123 Cashback credit card pays cashback
- 1% cashback on supermarkets
- 2% cashback on department stores
- 3% cashback on petrol stations and National Rail and Transport for London
- 1% cashback on water and council tax
- 2% cashback on electricity and gas
- 3% on mobile, home phone, broadband, paid-for TV packages
- 1% AER on the entire balance, once the customer's balance is £1,000 or over
- 2% AER on the entire balance, once the customer's balance is £2,000 or over
- 3% AER on the entire balance, once the customer's balance is £3,000 or over (up to £20,000)