Supporting financial institutions include Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, Citi, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, JPMorgan Chase, Lloyds Banking Group, Morgan Stanley, RBS, UBS and VocaLink, the UK national payments infrastructure provider. Other participating organisations include Euclid Opportunities, the Greater London Authority and UK Business Angels Association.
The FinTech Innovation Lab London is modelled on a similar programme that was co-founded by Accenture and the Partnership for New York City Fund, which has already proved highly successful in helping a dozen young financial technology start-ups.
2013 FinTech Innovation Lab London participants:
- BehavioSec. Based in Sweden, BehavioSec has developed a “behavioural biometric” software platform that helps confirm desktop, website or mobile users’ identities by analysing the unique patterns in how they type, click and swipe on their computers and mobile devices. It offers companies an additional layer of security beyond conventional usernames and passwords to help fight fraud.
- Calltrunk. UK-based Calltrunk has created a cost-efficient call-recording solution that provides a search engine allowing users to do text searches of audio, such as recordings from call centres, videos, lectures and conference calls. By making the review and management of recordings as simple as searching through email archives, it can help companies improve customer service, compliance, productivity and operational efficiencies.
- Digital Shadows. The UK-based company offers a cyber-monitoring service to help identify and monitor companies’ so-called “digital footprints” – information posted online by organisations and employees that amasses over time via social media, cloud services and mobile devices. The service can give companies an outside-in view of their digital presence and help address potential security vulnerabilities.
- Growth Intelligence. UK-based Growth Intelligence provides companies with timely sales-leads, helps improve portfolio and risk management and informs marketing strategies. Nearly all companies release digital information on the web; Growth Intelligence interprets that information using predictive analytics to deliver real-time intelligence on the activity and performance of companies throughout the economy.
- Kiboo. US-based Kiboo has developed a personal financial management platform geared for young adults from the age of 13. It positions the company’s insights about younger generations’ habits and expectations at the centre of its communications. The platform provides online and mobile tools, including social networking features, to help users learn about finance, earn money through savings, work and investments, and save, spend and give more effectively.
- Open Bank Project. Created by Berlin, Germany-based TESOBE, the Open Bank Project is an open source Application Programming Interface (API) and management platform for the banking industry that enables banks and third-party developers to more rapidly and cost-effectively deliver tailored applications and services to their customers. For example, TESOBE has used the platform to develop a "social finance" application for banks that helps clients, such as non-profits, be more financially transparent by reporting transactions to outside stakeholders.
- Waratek. Dublin, Ireland-based Waratek has created a new technology that could help companies significantly reduce their infrastructure costs. It makes it possible to use one of the world’s most common programming languages (Java) to develop cloud-based applications and to transition existing applications to the cloud. By increasing the amount of Java applications that can run on a single server – through a new form of “Java virtualization” - it can dramatically reduce infrastructure costs, lower development costs and promote cloud usage, helping institutions build and improve key areas like online and mobile services more quickly and efficiently.
"Financial services firms are reliant on innovative technology to help provide new products and services to their customers, and also to help them win new customers in an increasingly complex and competitive marketplace,” said Garry Tait, Head of IT Operations, HSBC Technology & Services. “The quality of the companies attracted by the FinTech Innovation Lab London is excellent, and is one of the main reasons why we at HSBC are so committed to supporting it."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV