Enterprise Ireland Dubai Hosts Irish Minister At Arab Health 2013
DUBAI, UAE, January 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Number of Irish healthcare companies under the organisation's umbrella exporting to the UAE set to quadruple by 2016
Enterprise Ireland Dubai, the regional arm of the Irish government organisation responsible for the development and growth of Irish enterprises in world markets, welcomed Minister Costello TD, Irish Minister of State for Trade and Development to its pavilion at this year's Arab Health exhibition.
- The medical technologies industry is of key importance to the Irish economy and has continued to grow year on year despite the global recession and the challenges facing Ireland.
- Ireland is now globally recognised as a major centre of excellence in the medical technologies sector and the Irish cluster is now on par with some of the world's leading medtech clusters such as those in Massachusetts and Minnesota, USA.
- The sector employs 25,000 people directly in Ireland and had exports in excess of €7.3bn in 2011 - up 14% on 2008 levels.
- Our indigenous lifesciences sector now consists of over 250 Enterprise Ireland client companies. In 2010 this sector contributed over €1bn in sales, €760m in exports and employed over 6,000 people.
- Enterprise Ireland is a significant partner in Ireland's R&D and VC ecosystem, proving many 10's millions of Euro each year to continue to foster the development of innovative healthcare tech
- For more information contact Enterprise Ireland's Life-Sciences Advisor for the MENA region Eamon Sikafi on +971-4-3760 400 or visit http://www.enterprise-ireland.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV