Southland Golfers Encouraged To Sign SCGA's Pace Of Play Pledge
STUDIO CITY, Calif., Jan. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Southern California Golf Association this month launched a Pace of Play Pledge, urging Southland golfers to change the culture that accepts slow play and play faster. Leading and serving amateur golf in Southern California, the SCGA hopes to use its platform to educate golfers with helpful tips that can often alleviate slow play. For a limited time, all who sign the pledge will receive a Pace of Play bag tag with helpful hints for their foursome.
"We hear too often how frustrated golfers are with lengthy rounds," said SCGA Executive Director Kevin Heaney. "With this pace of play program, we look forward to working with Southland golf courses and industry leaders to make golf more enjoyable for everyone involved with the game by gathering feedback and highlighting success stories."
Commonly known as a deterrent to the game of golf, pace of play was once again in the spotlight this week when Tiger Woods publically acknowledged a frustration with the pace of play at the Farmers Insurance Open. Among the tips being shared by the SCGA for faster play are:
- Walk fast
- Know where your group is in relation to the group in front of you
- Get your yardage and be ready to play before it is your turn to play.
- If someone isn't quite ready to play, another player should play before them
- When any shot heads toward rough, a water hazard or trees, all players should watch closely as to where the ball lands
- Read your putt before it is your turn to play
- Recognize when someone will need the flagstick attended or your ball marked.
- Place your golf bag or park your golf cart near the next teeing ground
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV