KYNAMRO may cause serious side effects, including liver problems. A doctor should be informed of any liver problems, including liver problems while taking other medicines, or if a patient has any of these symptoms of liver problems while taking KYNAMRO: nausea, vomiting, fever, loss of appetite, being (or feeling) more tired than usual, yellowing of eyes or skin, dark urine, itching, or stomach pain.
Alcohol may increase levels of hepatic fat and induce or exacerbate liver injury. It is recommended that patients taking KYNAMRO should consume no more than one alcoholic drink per day.
Caution should be exercised when KYNAMRO is used with other medications known to have potential for hepatotoxicity.
KYNAMRO should be used during pregnancy only if clearly needed. Females who become pregnant during KYNAMRO therapy should notify their healthcare provider.Safety and effectiveness have not been established in pediatric patients. KYNAMRO is not recommended in patients with severe renal impairment, clinically significant proteinuria, or on renal dialysis. The safety and effectiveness of KYNAMRO as an adjunct to LDL apheresis have not been established; therefore, the use of KYNAMRO as an adjunct to LDL apheresis is not recommended. CONTRAINDICATIONS KYNAMRO is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Moderate or severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh B or C) or active liver disease, including unexplained persistent elevations of serum transaminases.
- Patients with a known hypersensitivity to any component of this product.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV