KYNAMRO is an antisense drug and is metabolized without affecting the CYP450 pathways used in commonly prescribed drugs, and thus has potential for no drug-drug interactions. No clinically relevant pharmacokinetic interactions were reported between KYNAMRO and warfarin, or between KYNAMRO and simvastatin or ezetimibe.
KYNAMRO contains a Boxed Warning citing the risk of hepatic toxicity. Patients taking KYNAMRO should have liver enzyme testing before starting the drug and periodically thereafter. See below for Important Safety Information about KYNAMRO.
The safety and effectiveness of KYNAMRO have not been established in patients with hypercholesterolemia who do not have HoFH. The effect of KYNAMRO on cardiovascular morbidity and mortality has not been determined.
Because of the risk of hepatotoxicity, KYNAMRO is available only through a Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) called the KYNAMRO REMS. The goals of the KYNAMRO REMS are:
- To educate prescribers about the risk of hepatotoxicity associated with the use of KYNAMRO, and the need to monitor patients during treatment with KYNAMRO as per product labeling.
- To restrict access to therapy with KYNAMRO to patients with a clinical or laboratory diagnosis consistent with homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia (HoFH).
- Dedicated KYNAMRO Cornerstone Case Managers.
- Product & disease education for providers, patients, and families.
- In-person injection training, if requested.
- Reimbursement support, including out-of-pocket financial support, for patients who qualify.
- Coordination of KYNAMRO shipment and delivery.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV