News Summary: Housing Spurs Metals, Oil
By The Associated Press
HOUSING FLOATS: The Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller report Tuesday said that home prices in its 20-city index jumped in November.
METALS RISE: That pushed up prices for metals like copper, palladium and platinum. Traders tend to push those prices higher when they think manufacturing and other industry will increase.
CROPS DRIFT: Key agricultural commodities moved only slightly, and in varying directions. Wheat was slightly down, soybeans slightly up, corn virtually flat.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV