George H.W. Bush Is in 'Great Health,' Friend Says
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Former President George H.W. Bush is in "great health," good spirits and has been cracking jokes, said a friend who was one of his former advisers.
Bush was released from Methodist Hospital in Houston on Jan. 14 after doctors had treated him for some two months for bronchitis, spokesman Jim McGrath said in a statement two weeks ago.
Sig Rogich, a former adviser to presidents Bush and Ronald Reagan, said he visited the former president and his wife, Barbara, for an hour and a half at their home in Houston this past week.
"They caught it all in time and he's home, and I'm thrilled about that," Rogich said in a phone call with TheStreet.The former president released a statement last week to send his best wishes to President Barack Obama for his second inauguration. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV