The provision for loan loss totaled $2,412,000 during the year ended December 31, 2012 representing a decline of $4,388,000 or 65% from the year ended December 31, 2011. During 2012, the provision for loan loss represented approximately 21 basis points of average loans while net charge-offs represented approximately 19 basis points of average loans. The significant decline in the Company's provision for loan loss during 2012 compared with 2011 was largely attributable to a lower level of net charge-offs and overall improvement in the level of adversely classified and non-performing loans.
During the year ended December 31, 2012, non-interest income increased approximately 1% from the year ended December 31, 2011.
|Non-interest Income||Year Ended 12/31/12||Year Ended 12/31/11|
|(dollars in thousands)|
|Trust and Investment Product Fees||$ 2,657||$ 2,145|
|Service Charges on Deposit Accounts||4,076||4,154|
|Company Owned Life Insurance||974||1,100|
|Interchange Fee Income||1,724||1,501|
|Other Operating Income||1,955||1,452|
|Net Gains on Loans||3,234||2,381|
|Net Gains on Securities||1,667||3,024|
|Total Non-interest Income||$ 21,811||$ 21,576|
Trust and investment product fees increased $512,000 or 24% during 2012 compared with 2011. The increase was primarily attributable to increased trust revenues supplemented by increased retail brokerage revenues. Insurance revenues decreased approximately $295,000 or 5% during 2012 as compared to 2011 as a result of lower contingency revenue. Contingency revenue totaled $88,000 during 2012 compared to $872,000 in 2011. The decline in contingency revenue was partially offset by an increased level of commercial insurance revenues during 2012 compared with 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV