Excluding items, Broadcom earned 76 cents a share, up from 68 cents. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters were looking for earnings of 73 cents.
"Broadcom delivered record revenue in each of our three business groups and record cash flow from operations in 2012, reflecting our continued market share growth and strong economics," Broadcom CEO Scott McGregor said in a statement released after the stock market closed.The Irvine, Calif.-based firm also announced a 10% hike in its quarterly dividend, taking it to 11 cents a share. Broadcom's guidance, however, dipped below Wall Street's expectations. The chipmaker forecast revenue between $1.82 billion and $1.98 billion. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters were looking for revenue of $2 billion. The downbeat outlook pushed Broadcom's shares down 1.3% to $33.27 in extended trading. Last week, Broadcom rival Texas Instruments (TXN)warned of weak demand, despite beating analysts' fourth-quarter estimates. -- Written by James Rogers in New York Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV