SEOUL, South Korea, Jan. 29, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq:AEIS) today introduced its Paramount ® 2 MHz power supply at SEMICON ® Korea 2013. The complete Paramount platform, which spans frequencies from 400 kHz to 60 MHz, provides enabling plasma management in complex thin-film processing environments. In sub 22-nm pulsing applications, the industry-leading Paramount RF pulsing provides synchronized, multi-frequency RF power to improve etch rate selectivity, substrate profile control and film uniformity in a wide operating window.
The 2 MHz mid-frequency addition completes the Advanced Energy (AE) Paramount suite of RF power delivery systems and satisfies the industry's exacting requirements for PECVD, dielectric etch and conductor etch applications. Its built-in ability to synchronize with other Paramount units simplifies power supply integration and operation across multiple frequencies, while its advanced pulsing features—such as user-selectable pulse and phase synchronization and sophisticated arc management—provide semiconductor tool manufacturers precise RF control to innovate at the sub-22 nm level and beyond.
Yuval Wasserman, president of AE Thin Films, said, "We expect the comprehensive Paramount product platform to become further established across the industry in etch and deposition processes—both in semiconductor, with the development of advanced materials and new device geometries, and in other thin-film processing applications. The common controls, measurement and advanced features facilitate process integration and optimization across multiple frequencies without the need for customization or complicated protocols. In addition, the Paramount's advanced pulsing technology, combined with our Navigator II matching network's tune-while pulsing capability, delivers exceptional plasma control."Advanced Energy will showcase its broad line of industry-leading products and worldwide support for next-generation technologies at the SEMICON Korea exhibition, including:
- AE's Paramount RF power-delivery platform, including the new Paramount MF product;
- Navigator II digital matching network, incorporating tune-while-pulsing capability for highly stable plasma and smooth power delivery;
- Sekidenko optical fiber thermometers (OFT), delivering high-speed, multi-channel wafer temperature monitoring and control;
- Xstream ® remote plasma source with Active Matching Network™ for reliable chamber clean
- Ascent ® and Pinnacle ® Plus DC power supplies, featuring power operation up to 60 kW and supporting a wide variety of thin-films applications; and
- AE's recently acquired Solvix line of DC and pulsed DC power supplies for metallic and reactive thin-film sputtering and arc-bias solutions.
CONTACT: Peter Gillespie Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. +1.408.574.2534
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV