Aspen Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AZPN), a leading provider of software and services to the process industries, today announced financial results for its second quarter of fiscal year 2013, ended December 31, 2012.
“AspenTech delivered strong second quarter results that exceeded our guidance on all key metrics. We continue to see strong customer demand and product usage patterns, which contributed to our solid year-over-year annual spend growth of nearly 13% during the second quarter,” said Mark Fusco, President and Chief Executive Officer. “The company’s operational execution remains at a high level, which is evidenced by free cash flow generation of $34.5 million during the quarter. With over $50 million of free cash flow generated during the first half of our fiscal year, we feel very good about the company’s position as we are heading into our seasonally strongest cash flow quarter.”
Fusco added, “Looking ahead, we are encouraged by the strength of our pipeline and business momentum. We believe the company is tracking well against each of our key full year objectives, including growth, cash flow, revenue and profitability.”
Second Quarter Fiscal 2013 and Recent Business Highlights
- Annual spend, which the company defines as the annualized value of all term license and maintenance revenue contracts at the end of the quarter, was approximately $320 million at the end of the second quarter of fiscal 2013, an increase of 12.7% compared to the second quarter of fiscal 2012, and 2.6% sequentially.
- The license portion of total contract value was $1.54 billion at the end of the second quarter of fiscal 2013, an increase of 13.5% compared to the second quarter of fiscal 2012, and 2.9% sequentially.
- Total contract value, including the value of bundled maintenance, was $1.78 billion at the end of the second quarter of fiscal 2013, an increase of 15.5% compared to the second quarter of fiscal 2012, and 3.3% sequentially.
- Subscription and software revenue was $59.5 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2013, an increase from $46.5 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Services & other revenue was $17.9 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2013, compared to $20.1 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV