VENLO, The Netherlands, January 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- QIAGEN exceeds Q4 and full-year 2012 targets:
- Full-year 2012: Net sales advance 10% CER (+7% reported) to $1.25 billion on growth in all customer classes and regions; adjusted diluted EPS at $1.08 per share
- Q4 2012: Net sales rise 4% CER (+4% reported) to $346.5 million, year-ago results included major product tender; adjusted diluted EPS at $0.34 per share
- Building on 2012 progress to accelerate innovation and growth in 2013:
- Driving platform success: Rapid adoption of QIAsymphony automation platform set to exceed an installed base of 1,000 systems during 2013
- Sample-to-result next-generation sequencing workflow for clinical research and diagnostics on track for 2013 launch
- Adding content: Over 35 molecular diagnostic assay projects in pipeline; exceeding targets for conversion to FDA-approved therascreen KRAS companion diagnostic
- Growing efficiently and effectively: Adjusted operating income margin at 28% of net sales for full-year 2012, reaches 31% in Q4 2012
- QIAGEN expects to deliver higher sales and adjusted earnings in 2013
QIAGEN N.V. (NASDAQ: QGEN; Frankfurt Prime Standard: QIA) announced results of operations for the fourth quarter and full-year 2012, delivering growth in net sales and adjusted earnings that exceeded targets, and set new goals for improved sales and adjusted earnings in 2013.
"QIAGEN made significant progress during 2012 on initiatives to drive innovation and growth. These actions fueled demand for our products across all of our customer classes and regions, enabling us to exceed our targets for 2012 and deliver double-digit sales growth at constant exchange rates and adjusted earnings at a faster pace than in 2011," said Peer M. Schatz, Chief Executive Officer of QIAGEN N.V. "Results for the fourth quarter of 2012 also exceeded our targets, as we delivered solid growth over the year-ago quarter, which included sales from a major product tender."
"Although the business environment remains challenging, our strategy is demonstrating traction and we have set a goal to further improve sales and adjusted earnings in 2013," Mr. Schatz said. "Multiple growth drivers are building momentum as we move into 2013. We intend to add to our leadership in Personalized Healthcare by further expanding our position as the partner of choice for molecular companion diagnostics as well as by building our assay portfolio and driving adoption. Growing placements of our QIAsymphony automation platform are enabling the dissemination of molecular testing, while our QuantiFERON-TB test is improving the standard of care for latent tuberculosis (TB). Innovation goals for 2013 include our entry into targeted areas of next-generation sequencing with workflow solutions for clinical research and human healthcare, as well as advancing our R&D pipeline of more than 35 molecular diagnostic assay projects. We will also step up initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness, especially our capabilities to address the needs of customers. We are well-positioned to achieve our goals for 2013 and fulfill our mission of making improvements in life possible."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts