Our business is inherently difficult to forecast, particularly with continuing uncertainty in global economic conditions, and there can be no assurance that expectations of incoming orders over the balance of the current quarter will materialize.
Subject to the foregoing, we currently expect the following range of financial results for the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2013:
- Net revenues of $190 million to $195 million;
- GAAP operating income of $33 million to $35 million;
- Non-GAAP operating income of $39 million to $41 million, excluding the impact of $6 million from stock-based compensation, accelerated depreciation, and restructuring costs from GAAP operating income;
- Assuming approximately 42.7 million diluted average weighted shares outstanding:
- GAAP diluted EPS of $0.63 to $0.67;
- Non-GAAP diluted EPS of $0.68 to $0.72; and
- Cost of stock-based compensation, accelerated depreciation and restructuring costs to be approximately $0.09 per diluted share, with an expected partial offset of approximately $0.04 related to the retroactive reinstatement of the research and development (“R&D”) tax credit in the U.S.
Please see our new Investor Relations Presentation available on our corporate website at
Conference Call Scheduled to Discuss Financial Results
We have scheduled a conference call to discuss third quarter fiscal year 2013 results. The conference call will take place today, January 29, 2013, at 2:00 PM (Pacific Time). All interested investors and potential investors in our stock are invited to participate. To listen to the call, please dial in five to ten minutes prior to the scheduled starting time and refer to the “Plantronics Conference Call.” Participants from North America should call (888) 301-8736 and other participants should call (706) 634-7260.
A replay of the call with the conference ID # 70844491 will be available until February 28, 2013 at (855) 859-2056 or (800) 585-8367 for callers from North America and at (404) 537-3406 for all other callers. The conference call will also be simultaneously webcast in the Investor Relations section of our corporate website at
, and the webcast of the conference call will remain available on our website for 30 days.
Use of Non-GAAP Financial Information
For the periods presented, we have excluded certain non-cash expenses and charges, net of tax, including stock-based compensation related to stock options, restricted stock and employee stock purchases, purchase accounting amortization, accelerated depreciation, restructuring and other related charges, and an expected retroactive reinstatement of the R&D tax credit, along with the tax benefits from the expiration of certain statutes of limitations from non-GAAP operating income, non-GAAP operating margin and non-GAAP diluted EPS. We exclude these expenses from our non-GAAP measures primarily because management does not consider them as part of our target operating model. We believe that the use of non-GAAP financial measures provides meaningful supplemental information regarding our performance and liquidity and helps investors compare actual results to our long-term target operating model goals. We believe that both management and investors benefit from referring to these non-GAAP financial measures in assessing our performance and when planning, forecasting and analyzing future periods; however, non-GAAP financial measures are not meant to be considered in isolation or as a substitute for, or superior to, gross margin, operating income, operating margin, the effective tax rate, net income, or EPS prepared in accordance with GAAP.