Share this news:
Jan. 29, 2013
/CNW/ - theScore Inc. today announced the re-launch of its flagship mobile product, theScore, for Android devices. Sports fans and fantasy league managers on Android devices will now be able to enjoy a visually richer and more user-friendly experience.
Based on the design of its critically acclaimed iPhone and iPad apps, theScore for Android is completely free to download and has an all-new look and feel including:
- Completely re-designed interface with an emphasis on fantasy sports, to give you the ultimate mobile sports experience
- Enriched content: Over 15,000 players, 600 teams and 19 leagues and associations represented, with more leagues to be added in future releases
- My Score : A rich personalized view to help you track scores and your favorite teams and players in real-time
- Create a customized scoreboard to track any team or player from any league
- Organize and follow fantasy teams and players in real-time
- Deep dive into player card profiles, which offer season stats, photos and the latest fantasy news from RotoWire
- View favorite teams on one page for quick access to upcoming games, injuries, rosters and team news
- One-tap social sharing: Tweet or share on Facebook the latest team news, or a high-quality screenshot from any section of the app
- theScore ticker widget: once you set your favorite team you can conveniently see the scores of your favorite teams on your home screen
"Our large and loyal Android user base has been eagerly anticipating this update to our Android offering and we feel we've really delivered", said
, VP of Products at theScore Inc. "A sleek user interface based on Android Design Patterns and best practices, along with all the great features our users across platforms have come to expect."
theScore is one of the most popular free sports apps in the world and is used by more than three million people each month. Also available on iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, iPad and iPad mini, theScore for Android can be downloaded for free from
Stay connected to theScore!
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
About theScore Inc.
theScore, Inc. creates, aggregates and distributes sports content via established and emergent digital media assets, including mobile sports applications and its website,
. theScore's mission is to create the ultimate digital service for sports fans across web and mobile platforms.
Forward-looking (safe harbour) statement
Statements made in this news release that relate to future plans, events or performances are forward-looking statements. Any statement containing words such as "may", "would", "could", "will", "believes", "plans", "anticipates", "estimates", "expects" or "intends" and other similar statements which are not historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking, and these statements involve risks and uncertainties and are based on current expectations. Such statements reflect theScore's current views with respect to future events and are subject to certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Many factors could cause the Company's actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements that may be expressed or implied by such forward looking statements, including among other things, those which are discussed under the heading "Risk Factors" in the Company's Listing Application as filed with the TSX Venture Exchange and available on SEDAR at
and elsewhere in documents that theScore files from time to time with securities regulatory authorities. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should assumptions underlying the forward-looking statements prove incorrect, actual results could differ materially from the expectations expressed in these forward-looking statements. The Company does not intend, and does not assume any obligation, to update these forward-looking statements except as required by applicable law or regulatory requirements.
SOURCE theScore, Inc.