RENTON, Wash., Jan. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] has begun assembly of the first Next-Generation 737 to be built at the rate of 38 airplanes per month. Over the past two years, production of the 737 has risen more than 20 percent, from 31.5 to 38 airplanes a month. In 2014, the rate will go up again to 42 airplanes a month.
Today mechanics completed loading initial parts of the spars - internal support structures in the wings – into an automated spar-assembly machine. The spar is the first step in building the wings and marks the start of major manufacturing for an airplane.
"The first spar load serves as the defining moment for our latest rate break, and the 737 team did it as planned, on schedule," said Beverly Wyse, vice president and general manager of the 737 program. "We have more hard work ahead of us, but we are well on our way to another successful production rate increase."
Employee teams have been instrumental in reducing 737 production flow by developing and implementing innovative efficiency improvements.The first Next-Generation 737 built at the new rate is scheduled to be delivered in the second quarter of this year. Contact: Linda Lee737 Program Communications+1 206-766-2905 email@example.com Photo and caption are available here: http://boeing.mediaroom.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV