- New home sales should rise from 375,000 last year to 485,000 this year and to 640,000 in 2014.
- Residential real estate investment will make up 3.5% of all U.S. gross domestic product by 2015 -- up from 2.2% in 2011.
- New households -- Turner calls them "housing formations" -- should reach 1.3 million in 2013, up from 500,000 in the midst of the Great Recession. The firm says a slowly stabilizing employment market has led more Americans, especially younger ones, to take the leap to homeownership.
In Housing Market Upswing, Banks Win First and Biggest
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.