Jan. 29, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Windstar Cruises announced today that they will return to the South Pacific in the summer of 2014. Beginning
May 2, 2014
the line's recently renovated 148-passenger sailing yacht, will sail seven-day voyages from Papeete, Tahiti.
will sail 28 voyages in Tahiti, with the last voyage on
November 7, 2014
, before returning to
for the winter season. The line's return to the French Polynesia Islands marks the first time Windstar has had a ship sailing in Tahiti since 2002.
"Windstar's return to Tahiti has always been the number one request from our guests and travel partners, even more than a decade later," said
, Windstar Cruises' chief executive officer. "We've listened and made the decision that now is the perfect time to come back to the beautiful islands of
The week-long voyage will begin in Papeete, Tahiti – the world's definition of paradise.
will sail to the following islands:
- Moorea – the beauty of this unforgettable island of love lies in drama and adventure.
- Taha'a – this fragrant island is known for its abundance of vanilla and offers a glimpse of the traditional tranquil life of the Tahitians.
- Raiatea – recognized throughout Tahiti as the 'Sacred Island,' it also serves as the cultural heart of French Polynesia.
- Huahine – known as the Garden of Eden, with lush forests, untamed landscape and quaint villages.
- Bora Bora – an island paradise in the South Pacific and known worldwide for its natural beauty.
This will be the first time the recently renovated
will sail the South Pacific. With six sails that cover 21,500 square feet, the French-built sailing yacht is ideal for cruising in the French Polynesia Islands under the power of warm breezes and tall billowing sails. Guests can enjoy the aqua blue water of the South Pacific Ocean at the back of the yacht with
watersports platform, which offers paddle boards, kayaks, water skiing, wind surfing, snorkeling equipment and more.
Guests will delight in the immersion of the South Pacific culture, brought to life in Windstar style. Local entertainment, such as traditional Tahitian dancers, will come on board for a magical evening to remember. Regional dishes will be incorporated into Windstar's signature deck barbecue, held under the sails and stars one night per cruise. Shore excursions will be tailored to give guests experiential and romantic options delivered in true French Polynesian style.