JUNO BEACH, Fla., Jan. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Florida Power & Light Company's Office of Economic Development today announced the launch of PoweringFlorida.com – a new online resource dedicated to helping businesses start up, expand or relocate their operations in Florida.
The initiative builds on FPL's existing economic development efforts, which include special discounted electric rates to promote Florida to new and expanding businesses that create jobs for Floridians.
"As the largest electric utility and one of the largest companies in Florida, we believe we have a responsibility to help grow our state's economy and create jobs for our fellow Floridians. When Florida's economy grows, everyone wins," said FPL President Eric Silagy. "A discount on FPL's already-low rates can help businesses set up shop and expand in our service territory, which covers about half the state, but PoweringFlorida.com is designed to help expand the economy across the entire state."" PoweringFlorida.com showcases the diverse benefits that Florida has to offer and empowers all of our local communities with tools to help them to market the unique values that each corner of the state has to offer," Silagy said. "Economic development is a team sport. I am grateful to FPL for providing a product to enhance not only the competitiveness of the communities in their territory but also in the entire state. These strategic partnerships are critical to getting Floridians back to work," said Florida Secretary of Commerce Gray Swoope, president and CEO of Enterprise Florida Inc., the state's principal economic development organization. PoweringFlorida.com offers two sets of services:
- One-Stop Shop for Site Selectors: PoweringFlorida.com provides thousands of site-selection experts across the globe with direct access to information about Florida's workforce, available real estate, utility rate options and potential discounts and incentives – all information that is essential to selecting a location for new or expanding business operations.
- Market Resource Center for Local Economic Development Organizations: PoweringFlorida.com also provides local agencies in Florida tailored data about their communities that can help them better market their strengths and target businesses best-suited for their specific economic and workforce profiles.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV