FEARnet Is Airing All Five Exorcist Films Consecutively On Sunday, February 17 -- A TV First -- And Gives A Nod To Valentine's Day With Its Luv Sucks February 7 Marathon And Companion Sweepstakes
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Jan. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nothing says "I love you" like FEARnet this February, as it shows fans how much it cares by offering a horrific heart-shaped box full of premieres, prizes, and stunts kicked-off by the world television premiere of Lost Boys: The Thirst on Sunday, February 3 and "The Complete Exorcist " Marathon on Sunday, February 17.
For the first time ever, a TV network is consecutively airing all films, prequels and sequels associated with The Exorcist franchise. One of the most significant genre films ever made, the Academy Award®-winning movie celebrates its 40 th anniversary this year. In that time, it has spawned two sequels and two prequels, which FEARnet presents back-to-back starting at 2 p.m. ET/ 11 a.m. PT on February 17.
The original head-spinning classic The Exorcist stars Linda Blair as Regan MacNeil, a young girl possessed by the demon Pazuzu, and Max von Sydow and Jason Miller as the priests who try to save her. Next, is Exorcist II: The Heretic at 4:30 p.m. ET/ 1:30 p.m. PT, picking up four years later, with Regan's (Blair) recent hypnotherapy sessions revealing that Pazuzu still lives within her.
Exorcist III follows at 7 p.m. ET/ 4 p.m. PT, starring George C. Scott as Lieutenant Kinderman, investigating a series of murders similar to those of the Gemini Killer ( Brad Dourif), who has been dead for 15 years. Then, it's Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist at 9:30 p.m. ET/ 6:30 p.m. PT, Paul Schrader 's vision of Father Merrin's ( Stellan Skarsg ard) days in Kenya, where an ancient Byzantine church causes an outbreak of madness in the camp, leading Merrin to his first encounter with Pazuzu. The evening closes with Exorcist: The Beginning at 12 a.m. ET/ 9 p.m. PT, Renny Harlin 's version which places Father Merrin (Skarsgard) in the ruins of a subterranean Satanic temple, where he must save a woman possessed by Pazuzu.For some, this Valentine's Day is not about marriage proposals or candy-filled hearts, and for those people, FEARnet is offering a six-film fright-fest with the " Luv Sucks" marathon on Thursday, February 7. It all starts at 4 p.m. ET/ 1 p.m. PT with Lost Boys: The Thirst , as Edgar Frog ( Corey Feldman ) returns to hunt down a vampire DJ who uses worldwide raves to create an army of the undead. John Carpenter's Vampires is next at 6 p.m. ET/ 3 p.m. PT, starring James Woods as a vampire hunter who must stop a bloodsucking horde from taking control of the Black Cross of Berziers, an ancient relic allowing them to walk in daylight. At 8 p.m. ET/ 5 p.m. PT, it's John Carpenter Presents Vampires: Los Muertos , with Jon Bon Jovi heading south of the border to battle a different group of vamps seeking the Black Cross of Berziers. Children of the Night follows at 10 p.m. ET/ 7 p.m. PT, when a teacher and a priest are all that stands in the way of a small town falling victim to an evil vampire lord. Blood: The Last Vampire strikes at 12 a.m. ET/ 9 p.m. PT, as a 400-year-old human-vampire girl goes toe-to-toe with a demon on a Japanese military base. The Forsaken wraps things up at 2 a.m. ET/ 11 p.m. PT, placing "Roswell" stars Kerr Smith and Brendan Fehr in a desert showdown with a vampire master ( Jonathan Schaech ) and his undead gang. From Tuesday, February 5 at 12 p.m. ET/ 9:00 a.m. PT to 8 p.m. ET/ 5:00 p.m. PT on Friday, February 15, viewers will be able to enter the "Luv Sucks" Sweepstakes on FEARnet.com/luvsuckssweeps , for a chance to win a prize package featuring a 40" LED Sony EX620 Smart TV and Bravia Theater System; Let Me In, Let the Right One In, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Fright Night, The Corpse Bride, and Jennifer's Body on DVD; a DL & Co. Jewelry Box; a FEARnet Military-style hat, mug and other fun surprises. Other February Highlights Include:
- 'LOST BOYS: THE THIRST' (World Television Premiere) - Sunday, February 3 ( 8 p.m. ET/ 5 p.m. PT) Think the Big Game's matchup sucks? Put a stake in it with the world television premiere of Lost Boys: The Thirst. Legendary amateur vampire hunter Edgar Frog ( Corey Feldman ) is back, this time going toe-to-toe with the undead DJ X, whose notorious raves turn his crowds into bloodsuckers in this follow-up to the '80s teen-vampire classic.
- 'KNOCK, KNOCK 2' (World Television Premiere) - Sunday, February 10 ( 8 p.m. ET/ 5 p.m. PT) Death comes knocking for a group of friends on a Halloween tour of haunted landmarks, when their adventure leads them to a house known as 1666—the site of a brutal murder where ghosts of the past are said to roam free.
- 'WRONG TURN 2: DEAD END' (Network Premiere) - Sunday, February 10 ( 10 p.m. ET/ 7 p.m. PT) Henry Rollins ( Suck) stars as the host of a reality show testing players' instincts in the wild. But the competition becomes a fight for survival, when the contestants find themselves stalked by a legendary cannibal family. Joe Lynch (" Holliston") directs this follow-up to the original genre hit.
- 'CUBE' (Network Premiere) – Sunday, February 24 ( 8 p.m. ET/ 5 p.m. PT) Six strangers wake up imprisoned in an intricate maze, filled with multiple rooms and a variety of traps. They must put their skills together to learn the truth behind their captivity and find a way out in this fan-favorite Canadian import from Splice writer-director Vincenzo Natali .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV