6. Bed Bath and Beyond Is Taken PrivateSome companies are sick of where they trade and some private equity firms are desperate to put money to work lest they lose it, which is why I expect Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY - Get Report) will not be public next year at this time. I know, tall order on a $13 billion company. But this housewares and drug store chain with $2 billion in EBITDA in 2013, could get you perhaps as much as a 25% pop from its current $59 price, on a going private transaction. The company has been a relentless buyer of its own shares without borrowing a penny and it is sick and tired of its .88 PEG ratio despite consistent growth. Remember this is the company that put Linens and Things out of business, there's no one who could do the same to a private Bed Bath & Beyond. In the meantime you don't have to worry much about earnings. The stock is down $15 from its old high and my charitable trust, which you can and should follow along at www.actionalertsplus.com has been an aggressive buyer of the stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV