9. Johnson & Johnson Breaks Into Three Companies
Too much risk? Well how about a lower-risk play that could produce a very quick 20% return with the stroke of a pen, the break-up of the venerable Johnson & Johnson (JNJ - Get Report) into three companies, consumer products, medical devices, and fast-growing pharma business. This triple A balance sheeted company has been put together in unwieldy and non-performing fashion by William Weldon, one of the weakest CEOs I have ever come across, and yet totally lionized by Wall Street. Get me his P.R. man!
Weldon's been replaced by Alex Gorsky who is not wedded to a business that includes, Band-Aid, artificial body parts and cancer drugs. Abbott Labs (ABT), on its announcement of a similar spin increased by 20% before recently pulling back on a failed new drug. But Bristol-Myers (BMY) with its spin-off of Mead Johnson (MJN) and Covidien (COV) with its drug and device spin have far outperformed the drug stock cohort and the averages. Look for this stodgy company to pick up 20% with the stroke of the break-up pen.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV