1. DST Systems Hits the Auction Block
Finally best for last because this one, if management had any horse sense should occur in the next few weeks to beat the increase in capital gains taxes, and that's an auction for DST (DST), an information and computer processing company that sells for $2.5 billion but when you sort out the cats and dogs that it owns, including large real estate and stock holdings, you could see it easily fetching $70 up from the $56 it currently trades at. Aging founders with huge stakes, potentially agitating shareholders, including Greenlight which has been a buyer, make this one too obvious to ignore. I can't believe DST isn't trying to beat the increase in capital gain and get a transaction done in the next 30 days!
Ten companies, Manitowoc, Johnson & Johnson, Hess, Furniture Brands/Masco, Bed Bath & Beyond, Mine Safety Appliance, Hain Celestial, Deckers, Alliant Techsytems and DST, ten deals, all to happen in the next year as confidence and certainty return and the M&A machine kicks back into gear.
Yes, I suspect it's going to be a busy year, and I hope I have just given you a blue print for some calls to make, some visions to dance in your head, or at least, some new speculative ideas for your personal portfolios.Thank you.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV