Gameloft: Record Fourth-Quarter Sales Of Â¿¬57.7 Million, Up 23%
PARIS, January 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Gameloft achieved consolidated sales of €57.7 million during the fourth quarter of 2012, up by 23% from the previous year. On a constant exchange rate basis, the fourth-quarter growth was 22%.
The success enjoyed by recent releases such as Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour, World at Arms, My Little Pony , and PLAYMOBIL Pirates, as well as the longevity of back catalogue games such as Ice Age Village, Order & C haos Online, The Amazing Spider- Man, and Asphalt 7: Heat, have contributed to the solid performance of the company in the fourth quarter of 2012.
In million EUR 2012 2011 Variation 1st Quarter 44.8 39.5 +14% 2nd Quarter 50.4 37.4 +35% 3rd Quarter 55.4 40.6 +37% 4th Quarter 57.7 47.0 +23% 12-Month Total 208.3 164.4 +27%
In 2012, Gameloft's consolidated sales reached €208.3 million, up by 27% year on year and in line with the company's guidance. North America represented 31% of 2012 sales; EMEA, 27%; APAC, 22%; and LATAM, 20%. On a constant exchange rate basis, the full year growth was 25% in 2012 compared with 19% in 2011.Gameloft's sales continue to be driven by the massive success of its games on smartphones and tablets. The company's fourth-quarter sales on smartphones and tablets grew by 66% year on year. They represented 56% of total Group sales compared with 41% in the fourth-quarter of 2011. The dynamism of the smartphone and tablet market and the strong line-up of new high quality games to be released in 2013 by Gameloft should continue sustaining its growth in the coming quarters. Therefore, the company anticipates solid growth of sales and results in 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV