SKECHERS USA, Inc. (NYSE:SKX) today announced that the Company’s second commercial airing Super Bowl weekend will feature two of the greatest 49ers players to ever grace the gridiron: Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana and Hall of Fame safety Ronnie Lott. Premiering Saturday, February 2 on ESPN2’s College All-Star Challenge, and again on Super Bowl Sunday with an abbreviated spot during the second quarter, the Skechers Relaxed Fit commercial uses humor to showcase how Montana stays cool under pressure wearing Relaxed Fit footwear.
Launching the day before the San Francisco 49ers take on the Baltimore Ravens in Super Bowl XLVII, the new commercial will reunite the legendary Hall of Famers on-screen in a humorous spot that highlights Relaxed Fit’s memory foam footbed, roomier fit and instant comfort.
“Relaxed Fit gives guys the perfect combination in their footwear: incredibly comfortable shoes that look great in any setting. So we thought, let’s give them what they want with football legends delivering some old-school physical comedy,” said Michael Greenberg, president of SKECHERS. “Working with two of the greatest players of all time was amazing, and the fact that their former team will be playing in the Super Bowl this weekend makes it all the sweeter.”
The new spot is the latest in a series of Relaxed Fit ads that star America’s sports icons; previous commercials have featured Montana, legendary Hall of Fame Los Angeles Dodgers Manager Tommy Lasorda, and Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban. A natural extension of relaxed fit jeans, Relaxed Fit footwear has fast become one of SKECHERS’ most successful men’s footwear collections and will soon expand into women’s footwear.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV