Markets are not rational. They're created by people. They're based on emotion. Emotions can rise, and emotions can fall. You can either ignore the emotion or take advantage of it, selling when times are flush and buying when times are hard.
I hold shares of both Google and Apple, but I haven't been adding to my Google holdings lately. I've bought more Apple. Because when everyone tells you nothing can go wrong, something always does.
At the time of publication the author had positions in YHOO, AAPL, MSFT and GOOG.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV