During the week of January 21, 2013, Jim Cramer made reference to 42 companies. Just 21% of the calls were bearish. In that same time frame, the S&P 500 index rose 1.52% and is up 5.5% for the year.
In the technology space, Cramer was favorable on a number of richly-valued companies that includes salesforce.com (CRM) and Amazon.com (AMZN). For the week, the Nasdaq was flat, but is up around 2.9%. It is worth nothing that the technology-heavy index was weighed down by weakness in Apple, Inc. (AAPL).
It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE
Of the 5 technology companies mentioned, Cramer was also bullish on SAP AG (SAP):
Analysis and Discussion 1. Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN): Operates as an online retailer in North America and internationally. Market cap at $125.04B, most recent closing price at $276.04. AMZN shares are trading at an astronomically high P/E of 4,057 (based on a closing price of $283.99). Its forward P/E is 163. Investors completely ignored reasonable valuation, choosing instead to anticipate a strong future. Amazon shares were supported by strong earnings from eBay (EBAY) and Google (GOOG). Amazon’s CEO said in a recent interview that higher margins should be less a focus than free cash flow. Investors are in agreement with this view even though free cash flow tells only partially describes the health of a business. Analysts expect the company to generate an operating cash flow of $10.68 per share, up 65% in 2013. Amazon reports earnings on Tuesday, January 29 after the market closes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV