NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- There may be large energy takeovers and a continuation of telecom, retail and health-care mergers and acquisitions this year, according to research firm Morningstar.
Morningstar, known for its mutual fund ratings, published on Tuesday a list of its top takeover targets for 2013, highlighting energy sector companies BG Group (BRGYY) and Chesapeake Energy (CHK), in addition to retail giant Kohl's (KSS), medical-products manufacturer Abiomed (ABMD) and Los Angeles-based lender City National (CYN).
Morningstar analysts R.J. Hottovy and Bridget Freas said telecom company Leap Wireless (LEAP), agricultural giant Mosiac (MOS), gas driller Sandridge Energy (SD), clothing retailer Guess (GES), wireless provider NII Holdings (NIHD) and medical-contract research specialist Icon Plc (ICLR) could be taken out in 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV