MCLEAN, Va., Jan. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Findlay College Prep ( Henderson, Nev.) once again retains its No. 1 spot, while the remainder of the top 10 changes in the USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 national editorial rankings for boys basketball for the week of Jan. 28, 2013.
The USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 is now in its 30 th year as the most prestigious high school ranking platform in the nation. Gatorade is the Official Fuel of the Super 25 rankings platform, which includes computer rankings of every major high school football, baseball, boys and girls basketball, and boys and girls lacrosse team in the nation.
Montverde Academy ( Montverde, Fla.), last week's No. 4 team, jumps to No. 2 in this week's Super 25 rankings, thanks in part to its 57-38 defeat of then-No. 6 La Lumiere (La Porte, Ind.), which slips one spot to No. 7 this week.. Lone Peak ( Highland, Utah), last week's No. 2 team, added two wins to raise its record to 17-1, but falls to the No. 3 position.St. Anthony ( Jersey City, N.J.) moves up from No. 7 to No. 4 in this week's rankings, while regional rival St. Benedict's Prep ( Newark, N.J.)—last week's No. 8 team—moves up three spots to complete the top five at 18-0. Simeon (Chicago), ranked No. 10 last week, jumps to the No. 6 position in this week's rankings after defeating last week's No. 2 Whitney Young (Chicago), 44-41, knocking Whitney Young down to No. 10 in the current rankings. Huntington Prep (W. Va.) advances one spot to No. 8 this week, while Prime Prep Academy (Dallas)—last week's No. 12 team—moves into the No. 9 slot at 21-0. Two previously unranked teams also joined the Super 25 this week for the first time this season: No. 21 Arlington Country Day ( Jacksonville, Fla.) and No. 25 Germantown (Wis.). Following is the complete listing of this week's USA TODAY High School Sports boys basketball Super 25 rankings, as determined by the editorial staff of USA TODAY High School Sports: USA TODAY High School Sports High School Boys Basketball Super 25For Week of January 28, 2013
- Findlay College Prep, Henderson, Nev. (24-0)*
- Montverde (Fla.) Academy (21-2)*
- Lone Peak, Highland, Utah (17-1)
- St. Anthony, Jersey City (16-0)
- St. Benedict's Prep, Newark (18-0)
- Simeon, Chicago (18-2)
- La Lumiere, La Porte, Ind. (21-2)*
- Huntington (W.Va.) Prep (22-2)*
- Prime Prep Academy, Dallas (21-0)*
- Whitney Young, Chicago (18-2)
- Bishop Montgomery, Torrance, Calif. (23-0)
- Oak Hill Academy, Mouth of Wilson, Va. (21-3)*
- Lake Oswego, Ore. (18-0)
- Midwest City, Okla. (17-0)
- Mater Dei, Santa Ana, Calif. (21-1)
- Long Beach Poly (19-2)
- West, Iowa City (15-0)
- DeSoto, Texas (25-2)
- Ely, Pompano Beach, Fla. (17-1)
- Olympic, Charlotte (16-0)
- Arlington Country Day, Jacksonville (21-2)*
- Pershing, Detroit (14-0)
- Irmo, Columbia, S.C. (20-0)
- Northland, Columbus, Ohio (16-0)
- Germantown, Wis. (16-0)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV