All right. So even though the revenue is almost half of what it was last year, you're going to say, "I'm not going to fight the tape."
Well I just feel like, what's the point? Let's say I short it...I can't short stocks ... I mean, be careful, but let's say someone shorts them ... What is going to bring it down? They already gave you a guidance that wasn't that great. So what are they going to do? Give you more negative guidance tomorrow?Debra Borchardt: And they said last year that the inventory levels were going to be cut. They said that. Jim Cramer: Right. And then you end up with this world where you have to hope for a downgrade but the analysts are going to be reluctant to downgrade because the stock acts so well. So you just can't build a thesis other than the fact maybe if the Fed on Wednesday says, "Listen. Rates have to go higher," and then we get an overall market selloff, and that could happen, and then I think that you'd be saying, "Oh, why did I pay up for Cat?" That's certainly realistic. Debra Borchardt: All right. So CAT lowered the bar so much they really kind of have nowhere to go but up? Jim Cramer: Exactly. -- Written by Debra Borchardt in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Debra Borchardt. Follow @WallandBroad
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV