3D Systems is scheduled to report earnings on February 18 2013. The company has just 714 employees compared to over 100,000 at Nokia. Stratasys has 530 employees. Analysts are also very bullish on the 3D printer makers. JP Morgan assigned a $86.50 target price with Stratasys with a Neutral rating. Canaccord thinks 3D Systems could trade to $75.
The awareness of 3D printing in the consumer and small business will improve over time. Staples (SPLS) announced plans to launch 3D printing services late-last year in November 2012. The company will use Mcor to supply 3D printing services.
Nokia’s bold move to embrace 3D printing gives the smartphone maker an edginess, but this is not without risk. The Verge reviewed the Lumia 820 reference cases, and said that they could crack. The cases are too tight to the phone body, and printing buttons on the case could lead to cracking.
ConclusionNokia does not have a measurable P/E as it continues to transition its business. Its book value is $3.07 per share, and the company is currently valued at 1.4x book. Shares also pay a dividend of $0.1768, a 3.99% yield for investors. Slowly but surely, Nokia is differentiating itself from Android and Apple. The Lumia already offers a unique Windows Phone interface. Combined with a sold maps service, solid build quality, and now customization through 3D technology, Nokia is well on its way in growing its market share. Written by KAPITALL'S Chris Lau.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV