In addition to a more robust File-AID Data Editor, Workbench users -- without needing prior knowledge of legacy mainframe systems -- will also enjoy:
- A simplified file and data management process. The File-AID Data Editor now supports the XREF capabilities of File-AID MVS by automating the selection and usage of record layouts for files with different record types. File-AID determines the record layout to use for each record type by the value in one or more data fields.
- Additional flexibility when debugging programs. Xpediter/Eclipse now includes "Monitor/Reverse" and "Step Into," "Step Over," and "Step Return," along with other enhancements that provide developers with more flexibility when navigating through source code during the application debugging process.
- Ad vanced internal diagnostics and component level checking. Users can now automatically display compile diagnostics, such as syntax errors and compiler warnings, enabling developers to quickly pinpoint the exact location of the errant code causing an application error.
The Workbench now supports all major environments and formats of Compuware's developer productivity product lines -- Abend-AID, Hiperstation, Xpediter, Strobe and File-AID -- giving developers the tools they need to develop, test, debug and tune applications.
"Mainframe applications support billions of banking and mobile commerce transactions a day across the globe," continued Manery. "These applications are deceivingly simple on the front end -- hit a few keys on your phone and a few days later a package arrives in the mail. The fact is that these applications are highly complex and require specialized tools to develop and maintain them. Compuware continues to make strategic investments in its mainframe solutions to help developers of all experience levels continue the important work of developing critical applications."
About the Compuware Mainframe SolutionsCompuware's market-leading Mainframe solutions, Abend-AID, File-AID, Xpediter, Hiperstation and Strobe, help leading organizations maximize developer productivity, minimize costs and deliver better service. The Solutions are available in the traditional TSO/ISPF environment, or within the Compuware Workbench, an open development environment that features an intuitive modern interface. The Workbench makes application development, testing and tuning faster and simpler to perform for both experienced mainframers as well those new to the mainframe, enabling companies to develop new services faster, more efficiently and with higher quality utilizing existing resources. Follow us on:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV