The Starter Jacket Is Back
NEW YORK, Jan. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Starter, the groundbreaking sports apparel brand founded in 1971, partners with G-III Apparel Group to revive the classic satin jacket - one of the most iconic team apparel items in the history of sports licensing. Over the years, the "Starter Jacket" evolved to become a wardrobe staple for sports fans, players, entertainers and trendsetters to express their team pride and street style – which continues to resonate in the marketplace to this day.
The partnership brings G-III Sports President/Founder and former NFL pro Carl Banks full circle with his relationship to the brand. When Carl Banks was playing in the NFL (New York Giants, 1984-1992), Starter's CEO at the time, David Beckerman, took Banks under his wing and introduced him to the apparel industry. Today, Banks is helping to breathe life back into the beloved Starter brand and will unveil the new NFL line to retailers and press days before Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans, LA at the Starter Parlor (321 Chartres Street). The consumer launch will take place Fall 2013 for back to school season.
"With a history dating back to the 70's, the convergence of sports, fashion and entertainment was created and defined by Starter, which paved the way for many brands to follow suit," says Banks. "The Starter jacket was a beacon of 80's and 90's fashion and we can't wait to bring it back with contemporary styling and a modern athletic fit."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV