4. Like last year, the IRS will require individual investors to report capital gains and losses on their personal tax returns by completing a Form 8949, which will list and summarize gain/loss transactions.5. TD Ameritrade has created a service and support group within its investor service call centers, as well as dedicated cost basis reporting content on its website to help educate clients on what this change means for them. Since last year, TD Ameritrade has also expanded its external chat capabilities related to questions about tax filing.
Attention Investors: Own Mutual Funds? Get Ready For Cost Basis Reporting Round 2
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.