1) Nelson et al. 2012. Evaluation of serodiagnostic assays for Mycobacterium bovis infection in elk, white-tailed deer, and reindeer in the United States. Veterinary Medicine International, volume 2012, Article ID 563293 ( http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22792512 ).
2) Waters et al. 2008. Blood culture and stimulation conditions for the diagnosis of tuberculosis in cervids by the Cervigam assay. Veterinary Record, Volume 163: 203-208 ( http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18281626 ).
3) Waters et al. 2011. Bovine tuberculosis in a Nebraska herd of armed elk and fallow deer: a failure of the tuberculin skin test and opportunities for serodiagnosis, Veterinary Medicine International, volume 2011, Article ID 953985 ( http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21547234 ).
About Bovine TuberculosisBovine tuberculosis is a contagious and infectious granulomatous disease caused by the bacterium Mycobacterium bovis. Although commonly defined as a chronic debilitating disease, bovine tuberculosis can occasionally assume an acute, rapidly progressive course. While any body tissue can be affected, lesions are most frequently observed in the lymph nodes, lungs, intestines, liver, spleen, pleura, and peritoneum. Although cattle are considered to be the true hosts of M. bovis, the disease has been reported in several other species of livestock, including bison and captive cervids. There have also been instances of infection in other domestic and nondomestic animals, as well as in humans. Through the National Cooperative State/Federal Bovine Tuberculosis Eradication Program, the USDA-APHIS work cooperatively with the nation's livestock industry and state animal health agencies to eradicate bovine tuberculosis from domestic livestock and to prevent its recurrence. Regulations restrict the movement of infected cattle, bison, and captive cervids to prevent the spread of bovine tuberculosis. About Chembio Diagnostics Chembio Diagnostics, Inc. develops, manufactures, licenses and markets proprietary rapid diagnostic tests in the growing $10 billion point-of-care testing market. Chembio's two FDA PMA-approved, CLIA-waived, rapid HIV tests are marketed in the U.S. by Alere, Inc. (formerly, Inverness Medical Innovations, Inc.). Chembio markets its HIV STAT-PAK ® line of rapid HIV tests internationally to government and donor-funded programs directly and through distributors. Chembio has developed a patented point-of-care test platform technology, the Dual Path Platform (DPP ®) technology, which has significant advantages over lateral-flow technologies. This technology is providing Chembio with a significant pipeline of business opportunities for the development and manufacture of new products based on DPP ®. Headquartered in Medford, NY, with approximately 170 employees, Chembio is licensed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as well as the U. S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), and is certified for the global market under the International Standards Organization (ISO) directive 13.485. For further information please visit www.chembio.com . Forward-Looking Statements Statements contained herein that are not historical facts may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding the intent, belief or current expectations of the Company and its management. Such statements, which are estimates only, reflect management's current views, are based on certain assumptions, and involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results, events, or performance may differ materially from the above forward-looking statements due to a number of important factors, and will be dependent upon a variety of factors, including, but not limited to Chembio's ability to obtain additional financing and to obtain regulatory approvals in a timely manner, as well as the demand for Chembio's products. Chembio undertakes no obligation to publicly update these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that occur after the date hereof or to reflect any change in Chembio's expectations with regard to these forward-looking statements or the occurrence of unanticipated events. Factors that may impact Chembio's success are more fully disclosed in Chembio's most recent public filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
CONTACT: Chembio Diagnostics Susan Norcott (631) 924-1135, ext. 125 email@example.com LHA Anne Marie Fields (212) 838-3777 AFields@lhai.com @LHA_IR_PR
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV