NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - Well, that was fast - one day after rumors suggested that Apple (AAPL) would unveil a new iPad with 128 GB of storage, the consumer tech giant delivered. 128 GB is twice the amount of its previous largest iPad.
"With more than 120 million iPads sold, it's clear that customers around the world love their iPads, and everyday they are finding more great reasons to work, learn and play on their iPads rather than their old PCs," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of worldwide marketing, in the press release. "With twice the storage capacity and an unparalleled selection of over 300,000 native iPad apps, enterprises, educators and artists have even more reasons to use iPad for all their business and personal needs."
Apple just refreshed the 9.7-inch iPad in October, and also unveiled the iPad mini.
The new 128GB versions of the fourth-generation iPad will be available Feb. 5. As the rumors suggested, the Wi-Fi model will cost $799, and the Wi-Fi + cellular model will run $929.Apple shares were higher in pre-market, gaining 0.96% to $454.14. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV