Over the next five years, Kohl’s Building Blocks Program will continue the integrated model of specialized professional support combined with quality resources and early learning materials that specifically support the complex needs of young children who have significant behavioral disorders, have been victims of abuse or neglect or have a significant disability limiting development, including cerebral palsy, spina bifida, birth abnormalities or traumatic injuries.
The Kohl’s Building Blocks Program consists of three main components:
- Child Development Services provided by qualified Child Development Specialists who have specialized expertise working with children with complex needs.
- The Kohl’s Child Development Library where children and families can “check out” materials and resources to enhance health and development, including specialized therapy equipment and toys designed to stimulate development at home, between regular therapy sessions.
- The Kohl’s Development Toolbox full of learning tools and resources that children and families can keep to take home to stimulate and encourage continuous development.
Kohl’s donation, over the next five years, will help fund the following program enhancements:
- The addition of a Bilingual Child Development Specialist position to focus on the needs of the Hispanic/Latino community to promote culturally sensitive, high-level services to those families that only communicate in Spanish.
- The expansion of the Building Blocks Community Outreach and Online Platform which will increase involvement of educators, parents, community leaders and children in the lives of those with special needs in an effort to serve more children and create greater impact by bringing effective development programs and health services to more communities regionally and, potentially, nationally through their publications and online resources.
Since 2000, Kohl’s and Kohl’s Cares have given nearly $50 million to support charitable initiatives in the metro-Milwaukee area, including more than $7.2 million to Penfield since 2000. For more information on Kohl’s philanthropic efforts, visit www.kohlscorporation.com. For more information on the Kohl’s Building Blocks program, visit www.penfieldchildren.org.About Kohl’s Department Stores Based in Menomonee Falls, Wis., Kohl’s (NYSE: KSS) is a family-focused, value-oriented specialty department store offering moderately priced, exclusive and national brand apparel, shoes, accessories, beauty and home products in an exciting shopping environment. With a commitment to environmental leadership, Kohl’s operates 1,146 stores in 49 states. In support of the communities it serves, Kohl’s has raised more than $208 million for children’s initiatives nationwide through its Kohl’s Cares® cause merchandise program, which operates under Kohl's Cares, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kohl's Department Stores, Inc. For a list of store locations and information, or for the added convenience of shopping online, visit www.Kohls.com, or join the discussion on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Kohls or Twitter http://twitter.com/Kohls. About Penfield Children’s Center Penfield Children’s Center, located in Milwaukee, Wis., is a nonprofit organization whose sole purpose is to help infants and young children with and without disabilities reach their full potential through education, therapy services and family programs. The organization is named in honor of Dr. Wilder Penfield (1891-1976), a world-renowned neurosurgeon who strongly advocated early intervention for children with developmental delays and disabilities. Penfield serves more than 1,500 children with and without special needs every year through programs including: a one of a kind Behavior Clinic, the community's oldest and largest Special Care Nursery, Early Intervention Services and early childhood education programs. For more information please visit www.penfieldchildren.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV