SAN FRANCISCO and HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Jan. 29, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ECOtality, Inc., a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies (Nasdaq:ECTY), and Sears Holdings (Nasdaq:SHLD) recently expanded their relationship and also unveiled the first Blink® Direct Current (DC) Fast Charger stations at several Sears stores in Tennessee and Arizona. These stations enable Sears customers to charge an electric vehicle battery up to 80 percent capacity in less than 30 minutes — the fastest charge rate currently available.
"Our relationship with Sears will benefit businesses and communities alike," said Ravi Brar, CEO of ECOtality. "By continuing to install Blink charging stations at new locations, Sears shows its commitment to clean energy with the added benefit of attracting an upscale and loyal consumer that research shows spends more time in store than the average customer. We are delighted to work with such an iconic brand."
As part of The EV Project, ECOtality worked closely with Sears during the site selection process, evaluating key factors such as store traffic, EV density and availability of the unique DC stations. Currently, five fast charging sites have been installed and there is continued effort to expand opportunities further. In addition to the fast chargers, Sears Holdings has implemented level 2 charging stations at 12 additional Sears stores. With these in place, the company exceeded 2,000 hours of connection time by customers and associates."Sears Holdings is proud to do our part in driving clean energy and we look forward to continuing our work with ECOtality," said Rajan Penkar, Senior Vice President and President, Supply Chain, for Sears Holdings. "We are delighted to see that the EV Charging stations are already offering a valuable service to our customers, communities and associates, and we are excited to see how many hours charging we can achieve in 2013."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV