Rogers Corporation (NYSE:ROG) (“Rogers” or the “Company”) today announced revised guidance for its fiscal fourth quarter ended December 31, 2012. Rogers now projects fourth quarter net sales from continuing operations of approximately $124 million compared to the November 5, 2012 guidance of $129 to $135 million. That guidance included $1.6 million of net sales from its non-woven products operating segment, which the Company previously announced would cease operations at the end of the 2012. This segment will be treated as a discontinued operation as of the fourth quarter of 2012 and therefore, is not included in the revised sales guidance. The Company's consolidated results from continuing operations will no longer contain this segment, and prior periods will be restated to reflect this change.
The GAAP earnings per diluted share from continuing operations for the fourth quarter 2012 are now expected to range from $0.24 to $0.30. These per share estimates include anticipated net special charges of approximately $0.28 per diluted share during the quarter. Excluding these charges, non-GAAP earnings per diluted share from continuing operations are expected to be in the range of $0.52 to $0.58 compared to the November 5, 2012 guidance of $0.69 to $0.79 per diluted share. The quarterly earnings were negatively impacted by lower demand and lower production absorption in the quarter; however, the Company believes its streamlining initiatives are still delivering the expected cost savings.
The special adjustments are comprised of:
- $4.3 million of pre-tax charges primarily associated with moving the final inspection operation for Curamik Electronics Solutions from its site in Eschenbach, Germany to Hungary. This move had been previously announced, but the cost of the move could not be reasonably estimated until now.
- $2.9 million pre-tax charge related to the lengthening of the forecast period for asbestos liabilities and the related insurance receivables. In the fourth quarter of 2012, the Company deemed it appropriate to increase the forecast period for asbestos litigation claims from 5 to 10 years as it now has a longer, more meaningful history of asbestos claims activity, which provides greater confidence in the reasonableness of the longer forecast period.
- $1.1 million in fourth quarter losses relate to the negative foreign currency impact of the Japanese Yen depreciation and unfavorable mark to market valuation declines on copper commodity hedges during the period. In both cases, these valuation changes will result in lower costs to the Company in 2013 as currencies are exchanged and materials are purchased at the lower rates.
- These charges were partially offset by approximately $2.1 million of favorable inventory adjustments as the Company updated its costing methodology during the quarter.
The Company is currently working through its year-end closing process to finalize results, which it expects to report during the third week of February 2013. A table reconciling the GAAP and non-GAAP earnings amounts with the updated guidance projections is included below in this press release.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV