About FirstMerit CorporationFirstMerit Corporation is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Akron, Ohio, with assets of $14.9 billion as of December 31, 2012 and 196 banking offices and 203 ATM locations in Ohio, Chicago and Western Pennsylvania areas. FirstMerit provides a complete range of banking and other financial services to consumers and businesses through its core operations. Principal wholly-owned subsidiaries include: FirstMerit Bank, N.A., FirstMerit Mortgage Corporation, FirstMerit Title Agency, Ltd., and FirstMerit Community Development Corporation.
Forward-Looking StatementsThis release contains forward-looking statements relating to the use of proceeds in connection with the Corporation's pending acquisition of Citizens, which is subject to shareholder, regulatory and other approvals. Please refer to those risk factors detailed in the Corporation's periodic reports and registration statements filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Corporation undertakes no obligation to release revisions to these forward-looking statements or reflect events or circumstances after the date of this release.
FirstMerit CorporationAnalysts: Thomas O'Malley/Investor Relations OfficerPhone: 330-384-7109Media Contact: Robert Townsend/Media Relations OfficerPhone: 330.384.7075
SOURCE FirstMerit Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV