Sterlite Industries (India) Limited Unaudited Consolidated Results For The Third Quarter And Nine Months Ended 31 December 2012
EBITDA for Q3 was 45% lower compared with the corresponding prior quarter on account of lower sulphuric acid realisations, lower contribution from phosphoric acid operations and lower Tc/Rc, partially offset by increase in volumes. Demand for phosphoric acid and sulphuric acid remains low and we anticipate lower acid realisations in the current quarter as well.
The first 80MW unit of the 160MW captive power plant at Tuticorin was commissioned in Q3 and is currently operating at 80% PLF. The second 80MW unit is expected to be synchronized in Q1 FY2014.
|Aluminium Business - BALCO|
|Q3||Q2||Nine months period|
|Production (in’000 tonnes, or as stated)||FY2013||FY2012||% change YoY||FY2013||FY2013||FY2012||% change YoY|
|Financials (In Rs. crore, except as stated)|
|Aluminum LME Price ($/MT)||1,997||2,090||(4||%)||1,918||1,964||2,360||(17||%)|
The Korba-II smelter operated above its rated capacity and continues to convert all of its primary metal into value added products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV